Future-proofing Australian manufacturing SMEs
Behind the scenes leading manufacturing companies are enhancing their product portfolio, re-thinking their business processes, introducing new technologies and data-driven services and digitising essential functions of their operations to meet the demands of today’s economy.
As these developments change their individual businesses, they will also impact the market dynamics across the entire Australian manufacturing industry, affecting, in particular, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) along the value chain.
IMCRC, in partnership with the Entrepreneurs’ Programme, encourages and assists Australian manufacturing SMEs to take action and start their journey of digital transformation – with futuremap® being the first step.
“futuremap® is a great tool to initiate new thinking about our business.”
What is futuremap®?
futuremap® is a business diagnostic tool that helps Australian manufacturing SMEs assess their current state of business and identify areas of focus and potential investment to transform and future-proof their business.
futuremap® enables manufacturers, through either one-on-one structured discussions or as part of interactive group workshops, to map their maturity levels and capabilities in the areas of
- Market positioning,
- Leadership, strategy and change management;
- Innovation and use of technology; and
- Digital manufacturing (Industry 4.0).
As each manufacturer checks its position against 13 key areas of industrial and manufacturing competitiveness, futuremap® produces a point-in-time self-assessment and report that identifies both immediate, and medium-term, opportunities for growth and potential investment.
As well as receiving a point-in-time self-assessment and report, futuremap® also connects Australian manufacturing SMEs with further educational materials and access to a broad eco-system of supporting organisations and programs.
“futuremap® really pushes your thinking. Especially, when you add the complexities presented by all the different areas a manufacturer needs to be considering for a transformation.”
L&A Pressure Welding Pty Ltd
Who is futuremap® for?
futuremap® was developed with Australian manufacturing SMEs in mind.
It is aimed at business owners and senior executives (e.g. General Managers) of manufacturing businesses who drive the organisation in key areas such as leadership, innovation and digital manufacturing.
futuremap® encourages manufacturers to
- think differently about the opportunities and challenges of digital manufacturing;
- map the current state of their business with respect to capabilities and characteristics that will help determine their future competitiveness and success, and compare this to where they aspire to be in two years from now;
- understand the primary gaps between the current state of their business and their aspirations, to assist them to develop the key areas of focus and potential investment; and
- understand where assistance may be sought to help them on their transition to digital manufacturing.
“futuremap® opened my eyes to new opportunities in manufacturing and made me think differently – it identified areas of focus and potential investment. Manufacturing SMEs should do it!”
C & M Leussink Engineering