We co-fund industry-led research to deliver innovative manufacturing outcomes
We co-fund industry-led manufacturing research projects by matching industry cash contributions dollar for dollar, thus catalysing the opportunity for transformative outcomes and de-risking the R&D investment.
So far, we have invested more than $30million of Commonwealth funding to advance innovative manufacturing in Australia, generating $200million industry investment in manufacturing and Industry 4.0 R&D across all primary industry sectors.
In response to COVID-19 and to help Australian manufacturers on their road of recovery, we have created IMCRC activate, a new funding initiative that provides opportunities to invest in shorter-term R&D projects with reduced barriers and financial commitment.
Eligible businesses will have access to matched funding of $50,000 to $100,000 to undertake research with one of IMCRC’s partner universities and/or CSIRO.
In line with the IMCRC activate project assessment criteria, projects must:
- be industry-led, deliver clear manufacturing outcomes and be completed within a 6-12 month timeframe
- apply innovative manufacturing technologies and business models, including Industry 4.0
- have a business innovation and transformation plan and/or Industry 4.0 adoption plan
- include new project intellectual property (IP)and know-how owned by the industry lead
- involve ideally also other Australian manufacturing SMEs as collaborators (e.g. partners, suppliers, customers) to support local supply chains.
Projects that also deliver outcomes aligned with Australia’s national/sovereign priorities, including COVID-19, and/or provide environmental and sustainability solutions, are welcome. In exceptional circumstances, IMCRC may be able to match investments up to $150,000 in cash where there is a strong criteria fit.
We connect and collaborate
We seek to understand your business. By examining your performance, costs and processes to find opportunities for you to grow and take advantage of new technologies and societal trends, through:
- Helping you identify your research needs, linked to your key value drivers and challenges you face
- Connecting with you and your partners to explore new opportunities
- Matching you with research organisations and universities to take advantage of knowledge, expertise and the latest technology
- Focusing on value creation, sustainable performance and long-term ROI.
We educate and raise awareness
A skilled and educated sector has a significant impact on the ability of Australian manufacturing to compete globally.
With Industry 4.0 and the increased importance of digital technology and technology utilisation, businesses need to build their R&D capabilities, as well as develop expertise in data analytics and product design.
Businesses need qualified, computer-savvy factory workers and agile managers to participate in complex global supply chains.
As part of IMCRC’s Industrial Transformation Program and through our research projects we support public–private partnerships that close the skill gap and create industry-based training, and on-the-job learning opportunities. We will help SMEs so that they are better informed to develop appropriate strategies and make data driven investment decisions.